Dear Therapy Specialists Inc Patients and Families
We hope that you and your family are well. In recent weeks we have all seen a new reality regarding the concerns about the COVID-19 virus. We at Therapy Specialists are closely monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and are committed to providing the utmost personal care to our patients. While we continue to see patients in our clinic in accordance with the rigorous CDC guidelines, many patients in high risk groups are strongly advised to stay home and avoid social exposure. Unfortunately, many of these patients are the ones who need our care the most. There is additional concern for the long-term musculoskeletal health implications of abruptly halting or delaying the physical and occupational therapy intervention. Per Director's of Ohio Department of Health "Stay-At-Home Order", Physical Therapy is considered an essential service.
In addition to our already rigorous cleaning and infection control practices, we are closely following the CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 disease and have implemented the following changes to our operations.
- For the safety of our patients and staff, if you or your family members experience respiratory symptoms such as fever, chills, cough, difficulty breathing or, in the past 30 days, have traveled to high risk geographical areas listed on the CDC website, please inform our office as soon as possible and refrain from coming in until you are cleared by a medical professional.
- We have ramped up the use of CDC approved cleaning disinfectant and sanitization products on all surfaces, equipment, and handles before and after each therapy sessoin
- All therapy equipment, surfaces, and modalities/objects (ultrasound gel bottles, massage cream jars) are cleaned thoroughly before and after each patient session.
- We have removed frequently touched objects such as the candy jar, magazines, and pens to avoid unnecessary handling.
- There are multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout the clinic to allow frequent hand hygiene.
- We have modified scheduling to stagger patient flow to one patient per hour so there is NO inter-patient contact.
- In addition, during the therapy session, we request that you and your therapist use a face mask and gloves, which we provide.
Effective Monday 03/23/2020, we are excited to offer Telehealth Physical and Occupational Therapy Services to our patients. "Telehealth" means the use of electronic audio and visual communications to provide and deliver a host of health-related information and healthcare services, including, but not limited to physical and occupational therapy related information and services over large and small distances.
Most medical insurance companies DO cover telehealth PT and OT services. We will do our very best to verify each individual’s telehealth PT/OT benefits to ensure coverage prior to your visit.
You can schedule your in-person, e-visit or telehealth appointment by calling 216-464-8460 or by requesting an appointment on our website www.therapy-specialists.com
We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps to deliver the valuable therapy services in a safe and productive environment.
Because this is an evolving situation, we want to encourage you to seek information from reputable sources. The most accurate updates and information can be found here: